Saturday, 29 September 2012

Darkroom Experimentation - Press Printing

In the darkroom I wanted to experiment with press printing which is like selective development. I exposed my image for the correct time on the photographic paper. I then found some objects that would relate to my theme, I chose a selection of keys, I dipped them in the develop then pressed them down on the photographic paper. I removed the keys after a minute then carried on the printing process by moving into the stop then fix then wash. You cannot see the key shapes particularly well but where you can see them I think it worked well as within the parts that did get developed there is some depth in the sections. 

No comments:

Post a Comment